Using MAP Data
- Who's Doing The Work by Jan Burkins and Kim Yaris
- Discusses Next Generation Read-Alouds, Shared Reading, Guided-Reading, and Independent Reading with an emphasis on students "doing" the work.
- The Daily 5: fostering literacy independence in the elementary grades by Gail Boushey and Joan Moser
- Management tool for teachers to structure literacy to increase student independence.
- The Workshop book by Samantha Bennett
- Has examples at multiple grade-levels for how to incorporate it into your classroom.
- In the Middle: New Understandings About Writing, Reading, and Learning
- Urges teachers to adopt the workshop model and explain how this method works, what it looks like, and they why behind it.